* Combo-dish by itself is an empty container, and all dishes that are chosen by guest are put in this “container” from preliminary chosen sets (salads, soups, etc).
* Combo-dish does not have price, its price is summed from prices of dishes that are included in this dish (combo-elements). Prices for combo-elements may differ from prices of the same dishes that are sold separately from combo-dish.
* There is an ability to set combo-component price directly or as percent of combo-dish price.
Creation of combo-dish is like connecting usual menu item with modifier scheme (combo-element is like modifier in this case). In distinction from modifiers, combo-element is like a link to dish with particular prices.
* Accessibility of combo elements via combo-groups depends on accessibility of dishes that are connected with these elements. For example, if dish is not accessible to trade group, then combo-element will also not be accessible. If dish is accessible to trade group, then you can set inaccessibility for combo element that is connected with dish.
* Combo-elements, that are included in combo-dish, are selected from combo-groups.The same as for modifier there is weight for combo-element. For example, dish «Business-lunch» has limitations in property Modifiers weight = 2.
In combo group “Main course” there are several elements:
«Roasted meat» (weight=1)
So as a dish for main course you can choose meat dish (roasted meat or sausage) with garnish (rice or potatoes). Or you can choose one dish (spaghetti).
Combo-dishes are created in Menu – Menu, but their picture differs from picture of usual menu item. Usual dish turns into combo-dish after you select combo-scheme for it.
Approximate sequence of actions to create combo-dish
Menu – Combo Groups
Reference ‘Combo-Groups’ is very similar to ‘Modifiers-Groups’ and combo-element’s properties are similar modifier’s (except link Combo --- Menu item, see below).
1) Create combo-group with ‘Active’ status
2) Inside combo-group create combo-elements
Obligatory fill properties (besides name and status):
* Prices --- Main: price of combo-element (may differ from price of menu item that is connected with combo-element).
Note: (not obligatory) If you want to use percent from dish price as a price of combo-element, then put flag ‘Percent in combo’ in properties of corresponding price type. In this case value in field ‘Price’ will stand as percent from combo-dish price.
* Combo --- Menu item: reference to menu item, that will stand for this combo-element.
* Portions --- Max in One Dish: maximum quantity of combo-elements for 1 dish
* Portions --- Weight: weight of combo-element (like for modifier)
If you select reference to particular menu item, then system will ask you, if it is necessary to replace combo-element’s name to menu item’s name (values in brackets – alt.names).
Menu - Combo-Schemes
As for modifiers, groups of combo-elements are combined into combo-schemes.
1) Create new combo-scheme.
If it is necessary, then put tick in property ‘Auto open’
2) Add necessary groups in schemes. Fill properties:
* Default modifier: link to modifier that will be added to dish automatically.
* Lower limit: (as for modifiers) lower limit for min amount of combo-elements
* Free count: number of free combo-elements
* Replace modifier: put tick, if you want to place default modifier by new chosen modifier
* SH quantity: for export do StoreHouse (quantity will be splitted between these dishes)* Upper limit: upper limit for max amount of combo-elements
Menu – Menu
Make a right-click inside group and choose ‘New combo-menu item’.
In properties of created combo menu item fill link to necessary combo-scheme: