Configuring Combo Dishes
This article will help you deal with the following aspects:
- How to create business lunch dishes
- How to set prices for combo dishes.
To configure the use of combo dishes, do the following:
- In the Menu reference, create the dishes, which are the part of a combo
- In the Combo groups reference, create combo groups for business lunch dishes
- In the Combo Schemes reference, create the relevant schemes and assign necessary groups to them
- In the Menu reference, create a menu combo item and link a combo scheme to it.
Creating Business Lunch Dishes
- Create a dish in the Menu reference.
When working with business lunch dishes, you can use dishes from the main menu, or create dishes in separate groups.
If business lunch dishes are not included in the main menu, i.e. are sold as part of combos only, the price for those dishes should remain as [Not specified]. It means that the dish will not appear at the cash desk as a separate sales item. Moreover, you should specify the Service print classification category for the dish if the service printing is configured for the restaurant.
It is possible to set modifiers for dishes, which are part of a business lunch. If a modifier scheme is assigned to a dish, the system will suggest selecting a modifier when this dish is selected at the cash desk.
- Create a group in the Combo groups reference.
- In the Combo groups reference, create groups for combo dishes. Combo groups can be further grouped into combo group sets.
- In each combo group, combo items should be created. They serve as links to dishes from the menu. As a rule, the name of a combo item should match the dish. However, you can change the name of a combo item, and it will be different from the dish name displayed in the menu.
- In the Menu Item line, select the dish that corresponds to the given combo item. Do not forget to check if the dish is selected correctly: pay attention to the code of the selected dish.
- In the Portions block, make the following settings:
- Check the Max. for 1 dish box and set the value of 1, if not more than 1 serving of this dish can be included in a combo
- Weight = 0. It means that this combo item will not be uploaded in SH, combo items should not be uploaded.
- For different combo dishes, you can create combo groups with repeating contents, i.e. one dish can be found in different combo groups.
Creating Combo Scheme
In the Combo Schemes reference, create layouts for combo dishes.
For each combo dish, a separate scheme should be created. Then, you need to add combo groups to the schemes. Pay attention to the order of combo groups arrangement: this is the sequence, in which groups will open at the cash desk.
To change the grouping order, right-click the required group and select up/down.
For each group, the relevant properties should be set: the upper and the lower limits. If a dish from the given group should be mandatorily selected, set the lower limit = 1. If the lower limit = 0, dish selection from this group is optional. The upper limit restricts the number of dishes available for selection from the current group. If the lower limit is set, the group will open automatically for dish selection. If the upper limit is set, the next group will open automatically when the limit is reached.
If only one dish is included in the group, it can be set as default. For this purpose, fill in the line Default combo-component. In this case, when a business lunch is sold at the cash desk, dishes will be automatically added to the selected dish. If the group contains multiple dishes, and the dish is replaceable, set the Replace combo-component dish.
Create Menu Combo Item
Go to the Menu reference, create a menu combo item and link a relevant scheme to it.
To create a menu combo item, right-click on the Menu Items tab and select New Menu Combo Item.
Configuring Prices for Combo Dishes
There are three ways of setting prices for a business lunch:
- The price is set for combo components
- The price is set for the menu combo item, and then distributed equally to the dishes
- The price is set for the menu combo item and then distributed to the dishes proportionally with the dish prices from the main menu.
The price is set for combo components
In this case, it does not matter whether the price is set for dishes in the Menu reference. If the dish is sold only as part of a combo dish, the price remains [Not specified]. If the dish is sold separately at its own price, the price will be specified for that dish. This will not affect the dish pricing within a combo.
The price will be set for each combo item in the Combo groups reference. For example, a Business lunch consists of three dishes: a Salad (at option), a Soup (at option), and a Beverage (at option). The Business lunch costs 150 RUB. Thus, all salads get the price of 50 RUB, soups cost 60 RUB, and beverages — 40 RUB. When a business lunch is sold at the cash desk, the price will consist of its components’ values.
In the dish sales reports and during the sales upload to SH, the price of the dish will be equal to the price of the combo item.
The price is set for the menu combo item and then distributed equally to the dishes
In this case, the price of dishes in the menu should be [Not specified], i.e. the dishes are sold only as part of a combo.
In the Combo groups reference, prices are not specified, i.e. they are equal to zero. The price of the dish is specified in the Price addition for the menu combo item.
For example, a Business lunch consists of three dishes: a Salad (at option), a Soup (at option), and a Beverage (at option). The Business lunch costs 150 RUB. The Salad + Soup menu combo item should have 150 RUB specified as the price addition.
In the dish sales reports and during the sales upload to SH, the price of the dish will be calculated as [price addition] / [the number of business lunch items], i.e. all dishes included in the business lunch will have an equal price.
The price is set for the menu combo item and then distributed to the dishes proportionally with the dish prices from the main menu
The dishes, included in a business lunch, have their own prices in the Menu reference, i.e. they are sold as separate dishes at individual prices. The price of combo items is equal to zero. The price of the business lunch is set as the price addition for the menu combo item.
In the dish sales reports and during the sales upload to SH, the price of the dish will be calculated considering its price in the main menu. The price of the business lunch will be distributed to the dishes included in it, proportionally with the prices of those dishes in the main menu.