In some cases, it is necessary to print a free-form document for an order, and the standard print options — such as receipts, pre-bills, service print, etc. — are not suitable for that. For example, when using the booking option, a customer asks to print the list of dishes, their prices, and other information about the upcoming banquet.
Creating Print Layout
RK 7 has a special document type that is called User document:
In this section, you can create individual printing layouts. The data set available in this section is roughly the same as in a bill, receipt, or other similar documents. The main difference is that printing of this layout does not involve additional operations, while a bill, for example, makes an order uneditable, and a receipt requires order payment before being printed.
The procedure in this section is absolutely the same as with any other printing layout:
- Create a new document
- Open a layout for editing
- Place bands on the sheet and put memos or nested bands into them.
Save the layout and create a printing view for it.
Creating Button for Printing Layout from Cash Station Interface
To enable the layout printing from the cash station, do the following:
Go to Service > Scripts, choose Operations and a new script containing the following:
RK7.PerformRefObject(RK7.FindItemByCode(rkrefMaketSchemeDetails, 88)); (where 88 is the code of printing view for the created layout)CODE
- Go to Service > Operations, choose any unused operation and rename it. In the Script property, select the script from par. 1
- Open Options > Keyboards > Function Keys. Create a new function key in the Miscellaneous section and link the operation from par. 2 to it
- Go to Options > User Interface > Selectors. Place the function key in the relevant selector
- Indicate the selector in Selectors Usage
Now, when this function key is pressed, your user layout will be printed.
- Printing (preliminary) order contents for a customer
- Printing a label for an assembled order
- Printing a document imitating a receipt copy
- Printing any reference document for an order.
It is not necessary to use standard printing layouts. In this section, you can create graphic layouts using the FastReport editor as well.