R_keeper 7 requires licensing. See details in the Licensing section. Starting from version 7.05.03.ХХ, the installation procedure is different.
- The distribution kit is contained in the installation packages (setup.exe). It is recommended to perform all the new installations using only them, as this will provide an easy upgrade of the system components.
- Releases for upgrading previously installed versions can be found in the STANDALONES directory: they do not contain the TimeKeeper modules, Interactive Reports, and others. When using the STANDALONE distribution kit, these modules will have to be installed and upgraded manually.
- Starting from this version, the cash server is launched only on Windows.
- By default, the cash station is installed with the new user interface. If previous versions are upgraded, the interface remains as it was.
- If you plan to use a version lower than 7.6.4, download the distribution kit from the FTP server and the RAL.dat file from https://l.ucs.ru;
- Launch the report server;
- Get the required licenses (for the cash server and/or report server) at l.ucs.ru;
- Run the manager station, add the cash server, license it, and add a cash station;
- Run the cash server;
- Run the cash station;
- Install MS SQL Server 2012 and configure the connection between RK7 and the database managed by MS SQL Server 2012.
1. Copy the installer package archive from the FTP server (ftp://ftp.ucs.ru/rk7/versions/). The archive name indicates its version. If you do not know which version to install, it is better to install the penultimate one or contact the UCS support service.
2. Unpack the archive and remove the read-only attribute on the whole package including the sub-folders and files. Add the folder containing r_keeper software to your antivirus exclusions. Further on run all applications as administrator.
3. Copy the INI files from the /BIN/WIN/INI folder to the /BIN/WIN folder. Download the RAL.dat file from the licensing website (http://l.ucs.ru/ral.dat) and place it into the /BASE/ folder of the distribution kit. This file allows signing into the manager station as a dealer having unlimited rights, that is important for licensing.
See detailed information on the parameters of the reference server configuration file and its launch in the article on the reference server.
4. Install the Guardant driver (does not function on version 6.3). The driver can be taken from the official website.
5. Edit the INI file (rk7srv.INI) and launch the reference server (Refsrv.exe) with the /desktop* parameter.
For a successful launch, it is enough to indicate a unique server name (the Server parameter) and add the parameter that manages the use of an external database for storing cumulative UseSql data (0 means «not to use», 1 means «use»). On the first launch, indicate UseSql=0.
[REFSERVER] Server=RK7SRV_REST01 UDBFILE=..\..\base\rk7.udb MainLang=.\RefSrv.Rus AltLang= WorkModules=..\..\base\workmods UpgradeTranslateRussian=0 ;; UpgradeAltTranslateRussian by default have value different with UpgradeTranslateRussian UpgradeAltTranslateRussian=0 DisableSMARTVerify=1 USESQL=0 [NETKERN] Protocols=tcpsoc.DLL [TCPSOC] PORT=3639
6. Edit the INI file (rk7man.ini) and launch the manager station (rk7man.exe).
See details on configuring and launching the manager station in the Manager Station Setup article.
The main thing that must be indicated in rk7man.ini is the name of the server to which the manager station will connect (the Server parameter). This is always the network name of the reference server (the Server parameter in the rk7srv.ini file).
[REFEDIT] Server=RK7SRV_REST01 Client=TESTMAN-%RANDOM% LOCKONEDIT=0 LongTimeout = 200000 [NETKERN] PROTOCOLS=tcpsoc.dll [TCPSOC] PORT=3637 LISTEN=0 [TCPDNS] ;; for speeding up. Sometimes necessary (if Broadcast messages cannot pass) RK7SRV_REST01=127.0.0.1:3639
Please indicate different ports in the rk7srv.ini and rk7man.ini files.
To sign in, you can use the «Administrator» username and the password «=». To sign in as dealer (to perform any editing of references), it is required that the /BASE/ folder contains a fresh ral.dat file (see par. 1.2.3).
If the file is placed there after the reference server is launched, it is required to restart the reference server. The name must have the following format: "RK7 XXXX", where XXXX is the dealer ID.
7. Indicate the corporation code (Settings - Parameters - Installation - Enterprise Code) and the restaurant code (the CODE restaurant property) according to the facility accounting data from l.ucs.ru.
8. Add the cash server of your restaurant to the Stations and Devices refernce. Assign a unique network ID, for example MIDSRV3001 .
9. License the cash server. See details in the article on the cash server setup.
10. Configure the INI file (Rkeeper.ini) and launch the cash server (MIDSERV.EXE) with the /desktop * parameter.
The cash server name in Rkeeper.ini (the Client parameter) must match the name indicated at the manager station. It is necessary to indicate the name of the reference or report server (the RefServer) to which the cash server will connect to upgrade references and send sales data (a common shift file).
[Config] Client = MIDSRV3001 RefServer = RK7SRV_REST01 BasePath = ..\..\MIDBASE TwoFilesMode=1 KeepModules=0 [NewBaseGenerators] ;;When a new work.udb is created, the following will be used: InvoiceGen=0 CheckGen=100000 PrintNumberGen=0 [NETKERN] Protocols=TCPSOC.dll;localnet.dll [TCPSOC] [TCPDNS] ;; Optional but if indicated, the connection will be faster; the same goes for the cash station ;; Sometimes needed (if broadcast messages fail to pass) RK7SRV_REST01=127.0.0.1:3639
11. At the manager station, add a cash station with a network name, for example, CASH_ST01 to the cash server from par. 8. Select Windows as the OS type, add the video driver to the «Devices» tab (right-click in the popup menu «Video Driver -> Windows Video Driver (Window Mode)»).
12. Configure the INI file (wincash.ini) and launch the cash station (wincash.bat) on Windows.
Edit wincash.ini: indicate the cash server name (Server= MIDSRV3001 ) and the station name (STATION= CASH_ST01 ) according to par. 11.
[Config] STATION = CASH_ST01 Server = MIDSRV3001 [NETKERN] ;possible protocols are nbhdup.dll, SPXSOC.dll Protocols=.\TCPSOC.dll [TCPSOC] LISTEN=0 [TCPDNS] ;;Optional but if indicated, connection will be faster. Sometimes necessary (if broadcast messages cannot pass) ;; MIDSERVER01=127.0.0.1
16. Install the SQL server, license the reference server and configure the external database connection.
Note: configuring the reference server connection to the SQL Server database and its licensing is mandatory if you need to view reports at the manager station.
17. Configure additional modules (corresponding INI files) and run them (as needed).
Downgrading is impossible!
If r_keeper 7 modules were installed via the installer individually (each module has its own instance) or one instance was installed for several modules, upgrades must also be performed via the installer and using a relevant instance.
1. Close all the stations (including the manager station) and stop all the servers. If servers function as services, stop them.
- To stop a reference server run as service, you can use the Windows tools or enter "net stop RKeeperRefServer" in the command line.
- To stop a reference server run as a standard app, it is enough to click Shutdown in the main window (or in the popup icon menu in the tray).
2. It is recommended to perform an upgrade after closing a common shift.
3. Before upgrading, it is recommended to make an archive copy of the entire /RK7/ folder or at least copies of databases from the \base\ and \midbase\ folders.
4. Copy the folders from the new distribution kit (base,bin) and replace all the existing folders in the folder containing the RK7 version to be upgraded. If you have made changes in the wincash.bat file, do not replace it or replace it after acting on par. 2 but first compare the contents and make necessary adjustments if required.
- Go to base\drvlocalize and run Defparam.exe by selecting defparams.rus or a file for another language from the list (for versions below 18.104.22.1689, see readme.txt in the same folder). New default driver settings will be added. This is particularly important for adding new universal fiscal register drivers. All the existing defparams.ini contents will be saved.
5. Please pay special attention to translation files. If needed, it is possible to perform additional translation.
6. Launch the reference server. When upgrading, it is recommended to launch all servers as services so that you can see errors if they appear (refsrv.exe/desktop). Wait for the server to upgrade (for the icon in the tray to turn green), then launch the report servers (if any) and wait for them to upgrade, too.
Once the server(s) is upgraded, be sure to restart the reference server and report servers if they are used.
7. Then launch the cash servers and wait for them to upgrade.
8. At cash stations, everything will upgrade automatically. This includes downloading modules that are considered mandatory and modules selected on the «Devices» page of the «Stations and Devices» reference at the manager station.
If the station configuration is changed, dll files are downloaded when the station is launched next time. When a new version is found, the cash server will upgrade and restart.
9. To upgrade a manager station, it should be run via rk7man.bat.
Upgrades since Versions 7.4.21.Х
- Stop the reference server;
- Upgrade from your 7.4.21.Х to the latest 7.4.21.Х;
- Launch the reference server;
- Stop the reference server;
- Upgrade from your 7.4.21.Х to the latest 7.5.2.Х;
- Launch the reference server.
The principle is the same for upgrading to 7.5.3.Х and the subsequent version ranges.
The procedure is as follows:
- Upgrade your version to the latest in the range;
- Launch the reference server;
- Once the reference server icon turns green, stop (export) the reference server;
- Upgrade RK7 to the latest version of the subsequent range;
- If you need to upgrade to later versions, return to par. 2. If there is no need to upgrade any further, this is the end of instructions.
Upgrading via Automatic Installer
To upgrade from the automatic installer, it is required that the previous version is also installed via the installer.
In practice, the most common situation is when installation was performed via Standalone, but the upgrade should be performed from Setup.exe.
In this case, you can do the following: install a new r_keeper v.7 version via the installer and add the old databases (rk7.udb, check.udb) to the new installation. But remember that it is impossible to skip versions, so maybe you will first have to perform a standard r_keeper upgrade.
If it is impossible to use setup.exe because of an OS type incompatibility, you can unpack setup.exe using third-party software to get the required files (not recommended).
* Servers can be launched as apps or services.
On the first launch, run servers as applications with the /desktop key. This way you will be able to monitor server operations by the icon color in the tray.
To run servers as applications, you can create desktop icons for refsrv.exe and midserv.exe programs and place them in the startup. In this case you should add the /Desktop key to the parameter string to launch servers. For example: «D:\UCS\RK7\refsrv.exe /desktop».
To install required services, run the executable service files with the /install key or just run the .exe file and click Yes to agree to install a service. By default, created services are of the autorun type. This does not require users to log in to the system to launch the servers. If a service needs to be started or stopped manually, you should use the Windows tools or the net console command with the start/stop key. For example:
- net stop RKeeperRefServer
- net start RKeeperMidServer