To view all available orders, go to Orders > All orders. You will see a list of all orders.
Orders have the following parameters:
- № order — order's number
- Date — order's creation date
- Order status — may have the following meanings:
- Order created (On approve)
- Invoice was made
- Redirected to the customer
- Final Refuse
- The Corporation to which the object belongs
- Object — 9-digit full object code and its name
- UCS Manager — if any
- Date of sending — the date when the application was sent to r_keeper managers
- Order type
- Payment state
- Method of obtaining a license
- Order urgency
- Invoice number
- Product type specified when creating an order
- INN/Vat Code
- Dealer — s a sub-dealer if the Sub-dealer For field is filled in
- Sub-dealer For — if the user has the View Sub-dealer entities right, the reference will show the list of objects not only of the dealer, but of all their sub-dealer as well. In this case, the Dealer field of the order is filled with the dealer serving the object and the Sub-dealer For contains the dealer of this dealer. By default, only users with the dealer_manager role have the necessary right. If you need your dealer-users or some users with other rights to view data on sub-dealers, assign this right to them
- Sales channel
- The User who created the order.
Orders can be uploaded to MS Excel using the button located under the list of orders.
By moving the mouse over any column, you can see the full name of the column:
The display of the orders list can be customized using filters and search.
Under the list, you can configure the orders list display:
- Changing the number of records per page
- Changing the page number
To filter applications, click the button above the list of applications. The filter settings will open:
Specify the required criteria and click Filter.
The default filter includes a period of 3 months. At default settings, the filter will be collapsed.
You can filter applications by:
- Order number
- Order type
- Time period: Specify the start date and expiration date
- Order status
The values of the Start date and Expiration date fields, specified by the user in the order list filter, are saved when the filter is collapsed. You can return the default date settings by clicking the Clear button in the filter цштвщц.
If user settings are specified, then when opening the order list, the filter settings are automatically displayed to the user.