SOS-code is a temporary license generated in case of emergency. It can only be used if it is not possible to generate an active license.
Term of use:
- For lifetime licenses — from 15 to 45 days
- For subscription software, with the SAAS hierarchy type — 5 days
SOS-code and SOS-license are synonyms.
When creating an SOS-code, it is required to specify the reason. You can generate SOS-licenses for the following reasons:
- To replace equipment, in case of breakdown, modernization and other reasons
- To replace keys if they break
- Emergency installation — you need to urgently run the software for the client to be able to work
- Emergency upgrade — an urgent software upgrade for the client.
In emergency cases, an SOS-code can be issued, which lasts for 5 days. The reasons for generating such code are as follows:
- Late payment
- Launching an object running on a SAAS license on a day off.
You can generate an SOS-code for a key only once.
If two SOS codes are generated for the same key, then all available SOS-codes will be blocked for all objects, and a letter will be sent to the mail about the appearance of an unprocessed object.
To again be able to generate SOS-codes:
- Pay for the software for which the SOS-license was re-generated
- Clear the SOS-code. To do this, write a letter to firstname.lastname@example.org specifying reasons for using the code and delaying payment of the invoice.
For a list of available SOS-codes, see Reports > SOS codes available to the dealer.