Installing the system
StoreHouse 5 is installed using the installer. The server and client parts are installed from the same distribution kit.
The distribution kit of the current version of the system can be found on the FTP server at ftp://ftp.ucs.ru/StoreHouse%205/. Use your Dealer ID for authorization.
Google Chrome browser does not support FTP. So, copy the link and open it using the file explorer or an FTP client
The installer is located in an archive called SH5Setup_version_number. To open the archive, you need the 7-zip archiver. To install the system, unzip the file to the required folder and run the installer.
Select your language and click OK. The installer interface will change to the specified one.
The step-by-step process is presented below:
1. Specify the StoreHouse 5 installation folder
2. Select the components you need.
3. Select the server installation folder, desired protocol, and port.
4. Specify the name of the database and log file.
5. Check the boxes of the applications you want to create shortcuts for.
6. Check if the settings are correct and click Install.
The installer installs the server components as services by adding them to startup.
A folder with shortcuts will appear on the desktop:
StoreHouse 5 is ready for use.
The maximum database size is 32 GB
System Ugrade and Restore
Upgrading, deleting, and restoring from a StoreHouse 5 backup is done through the installer.
You can either upgrade the StoreHouse 5 version or restore the system from a backup. It is the same process and always needs a backup. You can "update" StoreHouse 5 to a similar version — the installer will simply recreate the database and copy the existing information there.
It is possible to restore the database via the command line, but this is not the recommended way.
During the upgrade, all manually created printing forms are replaced with standard ones
Useful Information Before Upgrade
If you use several StoreHouse databases, then for correct operation, you need to update them all sequentially, one after another. This is due to the fact that when there are several databases, one version of the libraries is used. If you upgrade only one StoreHouse to a new version, then the versions of the rest databases will not be able to work with the new version.
Therefore, before upgrading, keep in mind that you will have to update all databases sequentially.
To update, run the installer, select a language, click Next.
1. Select Upgrade one of the previously installed instances
2. Specify the required backup file
3. Specify the directory where the old database will be copied
4. Select the components to be upgraded
5. Check the server settings. Change if needed.
6. If you have the StoreHouse 5 client installed on your computer, specify the list of servers for it.
7 Close open StoreHouse 5 applications manually or select Automatically close the applications and click Next
8. Click Finish
The upgrade is complete.
Installing New Server Instance
You can install and use several StoreHouse 5 servers on one computer. You can create a new instance using the installer.
Due to the installer's peculiarities, it is recommended to install new copies into the folder of the StoreHouse 5 initial installation. This is due to the fact that during installation the path of the last installed instance is remembered in the registry. Therefore, with the subsequent installation of servers, it will not be possible to upgrade the StoreHouse 5 version on all instances, except for the last installed one. An example of such a setup:
To do this, launch the installer and select Install new instance.
1. Select Install new Instance
2. Specify the path that matches one of the main StoreHouse instance
3. Select the required components
4. Be sure to specify the new server name and new port. They should not match the existing ones.
5. Specify the database settings
6. In the client server list, you will see the existing servers. The installer creates the list automatically, but you can edit it if you wish.
7. Select the required shortcuts
8. Click Install
The installation of the new instance is complete. The new server also needs to be licensed.
You can connect to the server by selecting it in the required application from the drop-down list:
Deleting the System
To uninstall the StoreHouse 5 system, run the installer.
1. Select Delete one of previously installed instances
2. Select the components you want to delete
3. Close applications and stop services. Click Next.
4. Click Finish.
Uninstall is complete.